Exterior Home Improvement Grant
Does your house need a paint job? Want to build a new deck? What about replacing your windows or driveway? Merriam residents looking to beautify their homes may be eligible for a grant.
The City is investing $30,000 in its Exterior Improvement Grant Program. The pilot program will provide a 20 percent reimbursement for exterior improvements upon completion. There is no income requirement but other conditions may apply.
Homeowners need to have at least $4,000 in combined repairs/renovations. You may be reimbursed anywhere from $800 up to a maximum of $2,500. All Merriam residents, who don’t live in an apartment, may apply.
You can come to City Hall (9001 W. 62nd St.) and fill out an application.* You must submit at least $4,000 in estimated work bids. Once the City approves your project, work must begin within 120 days. Grant money will be available until all $30,000 is allocated.
*The City is still accepting applications but residents will be placed on a waitlist. Contact David Easley for more information at 913-322-5526.
|Homeowner Investment||20% Reimbursement|
Who can apply?
▶ Any non-apartment residential unit
- Must be current on all property taxes
- Provide proof of property insurance
Application and program process
- Fill out an application at City Hall (9001 W. 62nd St.)
- City staff will contact applicant
▶ Discuss project(s)
▶ Take photos
▶ Inform if permits are needed
- Applicant must submit bids before application is approved
- Application must be approved before construction can start
- Work must be completed within 120 days of application approval
- Work must be completed by Nov. 1
- City staff will perform a post-project inspection to verify projects are completed and code compliant.
- The City will reimburse applicants after receiving at least $4,000 in receipts.
The City will start accepting applications on Jan. 2. Grant money will be available until all money is allocated. Property owners must submit the application in person at City Hall or by mail. Additional information on program eligibility and process is on page two of the application. If interested in submitting an application via email, please contact David Easley first.
Masonry and foundation repair
In-ground fire pit or grill