Timeline June - September 2018
Fill in sidewalk in areas that either have no sidewalk or have partial sidewalks that need to be connected. It's proposed to break this project into three phases so that it can be properly managed and constructed with lower impact on the residents. Phase 2 will take place in 2018 and includes the Owen Heights area, Farley Lane, 51st Place to 53rd St., and 52nd St./Farley Court.
- Project will begin on June 18, 2018 with contractors working from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. They may need to work on an occasional Saturday.
- The entire project will last about 90 days.
- The contractor will place a door hanger on your doorknob two days in advance of construction starting on your property.
- Crews will start at 49th St. and Hayes St. working north/northeast to Antioch Road.
- Construction is anticipated to begin on Goodman Drive in late July and on Farley Court/52nd St./Farley Lane mid-August. Each street will take one to two weeks to complete.
- There may be a short period of time when you won’t have access to your driveway.
- Please contact Carl Sanders or Darren Lowe if you need special accommodations for driveway access.
- A letter was sent to property owners on May 31 notifying them of the project's timeframe.
- A public meeting was held on March 22 at City Hall.
- Project information letters were sent to property owners on Jan. 23.
Owen Heights (CMP Repair)
September 2017 – March 2018
An aging storm drain system runs from Eby Street/47th Street to Antioch Road. Many sections of the corrugated metal pipes (CMP) are beyond their design lives and structural integrity of the pipes is compromised. A portion of 60” CMP collapsed and repaired by Public Works in Spring 2010. Another section has failed and separated from the system on 48th Street. The project will eliminate potential risk for sink holes and extend the system’s life by about 50 years.
- Project substantially complete.
- On Nov. 1, the contractor began removing existing Corrugated Metal Pipe and placing new Reinforced Concrete Pipe at Antioch Rd.
- Contractor replaced curb inlets on 47th Ter.
- Sod placed from Antioch Rd. to 48th St. in April.
- Existing storm drain boxes on 48th St, 47th Ter, Eby St, and 47th St. were replaced and lining of the existing CMP storm Drain was completed.
June – October 2018
The project entails Johnson Drive from West City Limits to Kessler Lane. The scope of work includes removal of concrete cap around Merriam Drive area, 2 inch mill/overlay, pavement marking, install new streetlights, pedestrian traffic signal modification, traffic signal system/backup and replacement of curb/gutters/sidewalk/ADA ramps as required.
- All sidewalks along both sides of Johnson Dr. will be removed and replaced in the existing location.
- All driveway approaches will be removed and replaced.
- Sections of curb and gutters will be removed and replaced.
- Johnson Drive will be milled and replaced with a 2” asphalt surface overlay.
- The Johnson Dr. and Merriam Dr. intersection from Turkey Creek Bridge to BNSF Railroad will be completely removed and reconstructed. A 14 day complete street closure will occur no earlier than July 13.
- New Pedestrian signals near Mastin and near Goodman.
- New Streetlights placed along both sides of Johnson Dr.
- Construction anticipated to start in June.