SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The City of Merriam is seeking applicants for the position of police officer. Starting salary is $42,556 annually with a salary range of $42,768 - $64,152. Comprehensive benefits package includes KP&F retirement.
- Must be 21 or older;
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record;
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be in good physical condition;
- Must be able to touch type a minimum of 25 wpm;
- Must have a good criminal record free of any serious traffic,
- misdemeanor or felony convictions.
Below are listed three testing dates. To begin the testing process, contact Ronda Brumbaugh at 913 322-5560 to sign up for one.
- Tuesday, February 20thth at 5:30PM
- Wednesday, February 21st at 5:30PM
- Thursday, February 22nd at 2:00PM
Please complete the City of Merriam Employment Application, and Merriam Police Department Personal History Statement and bring both documents to one of the listed testing dates.
The anticipated starting date for the position is the second week of April, 2018. For further information contact Capt. Troy Duvanel at 913 322-5567 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our web site to see the entire hiring process and further information at www.merriam.org
EOE/ADA/Drug Screen - The City of Merriam does conduct background checks/investigations to include a polygraph examination.