Top 10 Reasons to Meet in Merriam
Merriam already makes sense for residents and business owners by being ranked as one of the Top 100 Small Towns Across America and the #1 Place to Start a Business in Kansas, but did you know that our city is an ideal location to host your special event or meeting? While we may not offer large convention space, our sweet spot is hosting small-to-medium sized gatherings. Whether you're planning a family reunion and need catering referrals or hosting a company retreat and want to conduct site visits at local hotels, the CVB is here to help! Check out the Top 10 Reasons to Meet in Merriam below and feel free to give us a call at 913.403.8999 or click here to host your event or meeting in Merriam today!
- Location, location, location. Merriam is located in the heart of the Kansas City region, just 10 minutes from downtown, 30 minutes to the airport and widely accessible to major highways and interstates. Many corporate HQ's call Merriam home because it makes sense to conduct business from our ultra convenient location.
- Value. With free parking city-wide and meeting room and lodging rates much lower than nearby cities, Merriam is an ideal meeting or event host for every budget.
- Customized hospitality. Our staff works hard to ensure your event or meeting will be a success. From planning to execution, we'll help you with site visits, negotiated room blocks, meeting room suggestions, goody bags, local vendor referrals and more. We'll even come out to greet your group. Have a special request? Just ask and we'll see what we can do.
- Facilities. For groups from one to a few hundred, we've got a space for you. From outdoor marketplace car shows to indoor team building retreats, check out Merriam's venues to see if something will work for you.
- Climate. If there's one really great thing about being in the Midwest (besides the fact that we're super friendly), it's the four season climate that we enjoy here in Merriam. Attendees traveling to Merriam for meetings will find mild winters and toasty summers, perfect for a nice blend of year-round business and pleasure.
- Connections. Starting your planning with the CVB is a great choice. While you may not where to find the best BBQ in KC or what live band would be a great entertainment option, we do! Let us help you connect with local vendors, suppliers and more.
- Group Tours. Merriam is "the" place to consider for group tours. If you're searching for a mid-day to do for 25+ people, throw a group tour in the mix. We've got a host of options to choose from and your guests will love them.
- Nearby everything. Merriam is situated in the best place possible for easy access to all of Kansas City's dining, attractions, events, sports and entertainment. From five to 30 minutes, we're just a hop and a skip away from nearly every venue in the metro.
- Shopping. This preferred activity is one of Merriam's top three visitor favorites and we've got plenty to offer the retail seekers. From great finds at Merriam Town Center and antique must-haves along Merriam Drive to the blue and yellow giant, IKEA, Merriam is a shopper's paradise and is a great post-meeting activity.
- After-hours unwind time. After a long day in the board room, sometimes you just need to connect with natureand breathe. Or, maybe you fancy a cold beer at a local bar & grill. There's a host of things to do after the work day is done and Merriam offers a nice selection for you to consider.