The City of Merriam is interested in retaining a consulting firm to provide engineering design and plan preparation services for the project below. The City anticipates project design by Q4 of 2023 with anticipated construction to begin in Q1 2024.
City Hall RTU and Split System Replacement
- Includes the replacement of 3 existing RTU’s with new packaged roof top units with electric heat, one RTU replacement with a new packaged heat pump unit, and one split system A/C unit with new packaged unit.
City Hall VAV Upgrade
- Includes some VAV boxes upgraded to fan powered boxes.
Merriam Visitors Bureau Split System Replacement
- Includes the replacement of two split system units with new packaged split system units.
Public Works Radiant Heat Installation and Exhaust Upgrades
- Includes the replacement of two make-up air units, upgrades to the exhaust fans to include motorized dampers, and the design and installation of an infrared heating system in the shop area.
BAS Upgrades and Implementation for City Facilities
- Includes the upgrade and implementation of a building automation system (BAS) at all city facilities. Upgrades are required at the Police Department and Community Center, and new design implementations are necessary at City Hall, Public Works, and the Visitors Bureau.
Retro-Commission for Police Department and Merriam Community Center
- Includes retro-commissioning at the Police Department, including two AHU’s and two condensing units that are approximately five years old. There are three Trane Intellipak units, one DesertAire dehumidification unit, and one mini-split system at the Community Center.
Questions concerning this RFQ should be submitted before Friday, August 18, 2023. Submit your responses to the RFQ electronically in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, September 1, 2023. Each proposal shall be limited to a maximum of 6 pages. A selection committee will evaluate the responses based on the criteria below. Interviews may be conducted if determined necessary.
- Project Understanding (1 page)
- Project Approach (2 pages)
- Relevant experience (1 page)
- Staff and availability (1 page)
- Communication/Public Relations (1 page)