The Parks and Recreation Department is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Customer Service Representative to perform the daily customer service activities of the community center and provide overall support to the Parks and Recreation Department. The successful candidate will assist external and internal customers with a variety of inquiries and requests, including facility amenities, membership sales and program registration. They will also provide a variety of routine clerical, secretarial, and administrative support work for the Director, Assistant Director, and other Department staff as needed. This position will also assist with the general day-to-day supervision over facility attendants, child watch attendants, and building and program attendants. Job responsibilities will include other duties deemed necessary and as assigned. NOTE: The regular work schedule for this position is Monday through Thursday from 12:45 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. and Friday 11:45 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Graduated from high school or GED equivalent;
- One (1) year administrative support work experience; six (6) months experience working directly with the public in the customer service field;
- Any combination of equivalent education or experience may be applied toward the minimum qualifications;
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid or ability to obtain one; and
- Availability to work hours listed above .
Qualified applicants may apply online at www.merriam.org/jobs. Please enter all prior work history when applying. Resumes and cover letters can also be uploaded when completing your online application. If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or to request a full job description, contact Stephanie Thompson, Human Resources, email@example.com