The City of Merriam Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a qualified part-time marketplace coordinator. The qualified applicant will be responsible for the on-site operation of the Merriam Farmers’ Marketplace. Duties include: assistance in marketing facility through social media, facility set-up, custodial duties, customer service, site-safety officer, financial/daily reporting. The qualified applicant must be available to work minimal pre-season hours to assist in scheduling entertainment and social media marketing as well as work alternating Saturdays from May – mid-October from 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must have CPR Certification;
- Must have a current valid driver’s license;
- Ability to comprehend and follow specific written and oral instructions;
- Ability to make accurate arithmetical computations;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service experience;
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete for extended periods of time;
- Working knowledge of computers, window-based MS office products including Excel and Word, and other internet based applications.