The City of Merriam Public Works Department is seeking a full-time Mechanic I. The qualified applicant will be responsible to help support the City of Merriam’s mission by maintaining the City’s fleet and mechanical equipment. This position provides skilled and semi-skilled mechanical work and associated administrative functions for Public Works Department, while promoting the City’s values.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: performing preventative and corrective maintenance on City’s fleet and mechanical equipment, determining efficient and cost-effective means of repair and replacement, outfitting vehicles with necessary emergency equipment. Will perform other related duties as necessary and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Current Class A CDL or ability to obtain within 8 weeks of hire.
- Specialized training in mechanics, diesel maintenance, or similar is helpful.
- 1 year of experience with vehicle and/or mechanical maintenance.
Qualified applicants must apply online here. Please enter all prior work history when applying. A resume and/or cover letter can also be uploaded when completing your online application. EOE/ADA/Drug Screen
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or to request a full job description, contact Stephanie Thompson, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org