Merriam Leads the Way with National Award
Published on May 11, 2021
Team Merriam is leading the way when it comes to customer service and quality of services. We have a national award to prove it!
The ETC Institute – a top firm in local government research – recognized the City with its Leading the Way Award. The award is presented to the top 10% of all U.S. cities for outstanding achievements in services to residents. Only 14 cities across the country received this honor.
The ETC Institute measures three core areas of resident satisfaction:
- Overall quality of services.
- Employee customer service.
- Value of services received for local taxes and fees.
“It’s an honor to be part of such a great organization that genuinely works hard each day to improve the lives of our residents,” City Administrator Chris Engel said. “This award is a great validation of our tremendous efforts. I’m so thankful to have the opportunity to work with such engaged residents, committed employees, and supportive elected officials – all working toward the same goal of making Merriam a great place to live, work and play.”
The ETC Institute also ranked Merriam as a top 10% city in the nation in these areas:
- Condition of street signs and traffic signals.
- Condition of major streets.
- Management of traffic flow on city streets.
- Condition of neighborhood streets.
- Mowing and tree trimming along streets and public areas.
- Snow removal on major streets.
- Sidewalk conditions.
- Mowing and week enforcement on private property.
- Bulk item pick-up services.
Find more information about this award at the ETC Institute.