City Receives High Marks in Resident Satisfaction Survey
Published on April 01, 2021
We asked, and you delivered. Hundreds of Merriam residents recently took a community survey to let us know what they think about the City and the services they receive. The answers are compared with other communities across the Kansas City metro region.
The results are in, and the City’s satisfaction ratings topped both national and regional ratings in 44 of 47 categories. Residents also gave us high satisfaction marks for the overall quality of city services – 88% compared to a 42% regional average.
Merriam received high marks in:
- Snow removal on city streets – 93%
- Large-item pickup program – 86%
- Mowing and trimming of public areas – 89%
- Maintenance of major city streets – 91%
- Maintenance of neighborhood streets – 85%
- Resolved an issue to satisfaction – 78%
- Followed through – 82%
- Prompt/Accurate answers – 81%
- Courteous/Polite – 93%
- Neighborhood safety during the day – 97%
- Neighborhood safety during the night – 83%
The community survey was conducted by the ETC Institute, one of the nation’s leading firms in local government research.
View the complete survey results.