Membership Scholarship, Dolphin Fund Scholarship, and Senior FitClass Pass Scholarship
1. Proof of Merriam residency – proper identification includes a valid driver’s license, a state issued identification, current utility bill (electric, gas or water), current city business license, or Notice of Appraised Value issued by the Johnson County Assessor’s Office.
2. Proof of public assistance – documentation of assistance must show that it is for the current year. Options include: Social Security Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Food Assistance (SNAP), or other assistance from SRS, WIC food vouchers, or free school lunches. Insurance cards that don't show they are valid for the current year do not qualify.
3. Household is defined as two adults and up to four (4) dependent children as defined by IRS Qualifying Age Rule at the same address. Children 18 – 24 must provide proof of residency. The IRS Qualifying Age Rule per the IRS website.
4. Age restrictions apply to Dolphin Fund Scholarships (under 18), FitClass Pass Scholarship (60+), and KanCare assistance.
5. Senior FitClass Pass Scholarship requires an active membership to the Merriam Community Center.
6. Completion of appropriate application.
KanCare for Youth Classes
1. Proof of KanCare member identification.
2. Get appropriate paperwork from KanCare caseworker.
3. No online application required. Bring paperwork and KanCare member ID to the MCC Welcome Desk to register. Assistance will be applied toward eligible youth classes.