Merriam offers two Medical/RX plans through BlueCross & BlueShiled. One PPO option and a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan (QHDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Comprehensive coverage including two cleanings and one full X-ray set each year covered at 100%
- Basic services covered at 80%
- Yearly benefit maximum $1,500
- Orthodontia for children under 26 up to lifetime max. $1,000
- Comprehensive vision exam once per year
- Glasses lenses once per year; frames once per 2 years ($130 frame allowance; $150 on featured frames)
- Contact lenses (in lieu of glasses lenses) once per year ($110 allowance)
Free telephonic / video telehealth
First Stop Health (Must be enrolled in City medical plan)
- Medical consult with board-certified physician
- Avoid costly visits to ER & Urgent Care
- Unlimited consultations for you and your dependents
- No intermingling with sick people in waiting rooms
Holidays: 9 per year (approved by Council)
Personal: 24 hours per year (pro-rated depending on start date)
Sick: Accrue at a rate of 3.7 hours per pay period; cap at 520 hours
Volunteer time: 24 hours per year (pro-rated depending on start date)
Vacation: Accrued each pay period
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Free confidential professional counseling assistance
available through MetLife.
Life Insurance + Disability Benefits
Provided through KPERS / KPF and KC Life.
KPERS / KPF
Mandatory participation for full-time, benefit-eligible employees.
401(a) (KPERS members only)
Irrevocable option to contribute 0% or 3% of base pay
- You contribute 0% ▶ City contributes 3%
- You contribute 3% ▶ City contributes 10%
Deferred Compensation Plan and ROTH IRA options.
Program includes educational advancement as well as vocational coursework up to $2,500 annually.