April 19–23, 2021
October 18–22, 2021
Twice each year, City of Merriam staff picks up large items such as furniture, appliances, carpets/rugs, and miscellaneous items across the City.
The Merriam Public Works Department provides this service during the third full weeks of April and October. Residents should place their items curbside before 7 a.m. on their scheduled pickup day.
A one-time pickup in scheduled areas occurs:
- Monday: North of 75th and south of 67th; East of Switzer and west of Antioch
- Tuesday: North of 67th and south of Johnson Dr.; East of Switzer and west of Antioch
- Wednesday: North of 67th and south of 54th Terr.; East of Antioch and west of Lowell
- Thursday: North of Johnson Dr. and south of 53rd; West of Antioch and east of Switzer
- Friday: North of 53rd and south of 47th; West of Antioch and east of Switzer
Use the map to determine your pickup day based on where you live or search by your address.
Residents should not load items into truck beds, trailers or inside containers they wish to keep.
The City will NOT collect these items:
- Routine trash (goes to local trash service)
- Concrete, asphalt, cinder blocks, or rocks
- Landscaping timber/railroad ties
- Tree branches, brush, firewood, leaves and yard waste
- Roofing materials/shingles, lumber, sheet rock, and other building materials
- Paint cans, chemicals, tires, motor oil, brake fluid, gas/gas tanks, diesel fuel, pesticides, and other household hazardous waste. For assistance with these items, make an appointment with Johnson County Household Hazardous Waste, or call 913-715-6900.
Many items can be donated or recycled by different providers in the Kansas City area. Find where to take items at RecycleSpot.org.