Merriam Parks and Recreation Community Center Scholarship, Dolphin Fund Scholarship & Senior FitClass Pass Scholarship
1. Proof of Merriam residency – proper identification to include a valid driver’s license, a state issued identification, current utility bill (electric, gas or water), current city business license or Notice of Appraised Value issued by the Johnson County Assessor’s Office.
2. Proof of public assistance – proper documentation of current year assistance to include: Social Security Supplemental Security Income (SSI); Food Assistance (SNAP); or other assistance from SRS, WIC food vouchers, or free school lunches.
3. Household is defined as two adults and up to four (4) dependent children as defined by IRS Qualifying Age Rule at the same address. Children 18 – 24 must provide proof of residency. The IRS Qualifying Age Rule per the IRS website .
4. Senior is defined as someone 60+ years of age.
5. Senior FitClass Pass Scholarship requires an active membership to the Merriam Community Center.
6.. Completion of appropriate application.
1. Proof of KanCare member identification.
2. Provide appropriate paperwork from KanCare caseworker and a copy of member identification card.
3. Applied toward eligible youth classes.