SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The City of Merriam—Police Department is seeking a full-time Police Officer. This position is responsible to support the City of Merriam’s mission in helping to maintain a safe and orderly public through strong community connections, and enforcement of laws and regulations using the highest level of ethical standards, compassion, and integrity.
The City is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to include generous health, wellness, and retirement plans. We offer ample opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure a mutually-beneficial experience with our agency and the City.
Typical duties include police patrol, investigations, traffic relations, report writing, operating a patrol vehicle in all weather and traffic conditions, exercising independent judgement, and communicating with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record;
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be in good physical condition;
- Must be able to work various hours with a 24/7/365 operational period;
- Must have an acceptable background.
For further information contact Captain Troy Duvanel at 913-322-5567 or email@example.com.