Being a part of Team Merriam means taking pride in serving the public and improving our community. We have a long tradition of service excellence, a tradition that is made possible by our officers. Our core values are Courage, Sacrifice, and Compassion. The Merriam Police Department believes in the value of creating strong connections in our community. Throughout the year, officers participate in many events across the city – building relationships with our community and raising money for charitable organizations.
Performs police patrol, investigations, traffic enforcement, report writing, and other police activities. Exercise good judgment based on training and continuing education.
- Must be 21 or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must have good moral character and ethics
- Must have acceptable background
Police Officer Job Description(PDF, 20KB)
Pay & Benefits