Performs police patrol, investigations, traffic relations, and related law enforcement activities. Effect arrests, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints; subdue resisting suspects using maneuvers and weapons and resort to the use of hands and feet and other approved weapons in self-defense. Prepare investigative and other reports, including sketches, using appropriate grammar, symbols, and mathematical computations. Exercise independent judgment.
- Must be 21 or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be of good moral character and of temperate and industrious habits
- Must have a good criminal record free of any serious traffic, misdemeanor, or felony convictions.
Download a complete job description(PDF, 20KB).