October 15, 2012 - October 19, 2012
Merriam's Fall Large Item Pick-up
Monday, October 15, 2012
The City of Merriam will conduct the fall clean-up campaign during the week of October 15 through 19, 2012. Large items such as furniture, appliances, carpets/rugs, and miscellaneous large items are to be put curbside on the scheduled pickup day.
These items will NOT be picked up:
Residents should not load items into truck beds, trailers or inside containers they wish to keep.
- Routine trash (goes to local trash service)
- Concrete, asphalt, cinder blocks, or rocks
- Landscaping timber/railroad ties
- Tree branches, brush, firewood, leaves & yard waste
- Roofing materials/shingles, lumber, sheet rock, and other building materials
- Paint cans, chemicals, tires, motor oil, brake fluid, gas/gas tanks, diesel fuel, pesticides, and other household hazardous waste (for assistance with these items, call the Johnson County Hazardous Waste Collection, 913-715-6900)
A one-time pickup in scheduled areas will occur as outlined below. Residents must have their items curbside before 7:00 AM the day of their pickup.
- Monday - North of 75th St. and south of 67th; East of Switzer and west of Antioch.
- Tuesday - North of 67th and south of Johnson Dr.; East of Switzer and west of Antioch.
- Wednesday - North of 67th and south of 54th Terr.; East of Antioch and west of Lowell
- Thursday - North of Johnson Dr. and south of 53rd; West of Antioch and east of Switzer.
- Friday - North of 53rd and south of 47th; West of Antioch and east of Switzer.
Senior citizen and residents with disabilities, can call the Public Works Department at 913.322.5570 to be placed on a list of citizens needing assistance in removal of large items from the home or yard.
For additional information call the Merriam Public Works Department at 913-322-5570.